Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Oli + Egg Salad = Love

Yesterday I was really craving an egg salad sandwich. So I decided to make a batch of it. A huge batch. I boiled the eggs, peeled, crushed, and mixed it with other ingredients and it was ready to go. It was only after going through all that work that I realized we were out of bread! Dang it, no egg salad sandwich for lunch tomorrow! I figured I would just buy bread at tomrrow and have it for lunch the next day. This is where my dear Oli comes in. When He got home from work I told him all about my egg salad fiasco, since there was nothing else interesting that had happened that day, and he replied with "Oh I'll just go to the store and get some bread." Now this seems completely normal except Oli got home from work at like 11:30pm and he was going to go to the store at midnight! I told him, no it's ok and I'll just get it tomorrow. But Oli insisted and ended up going to 3 stores before he found a store that was open and had bread.

So today when I opened my lunch I thought "Ah..what an amazing husband I have." Not only was he willing to go to the store but willing to go in the middle of the night after working a whole day! This isn't just a random act of kindness either. Oli wakes up with me every morning when he doesn't work, and on the days he does work (and gets home at 8:00am-ish) he makes me coffee for my tumbler. Prepares my lunch in my little blue lunch box and sends me off to work. How many wives can say that their husbands do that for them? This got me thinking about how much Oli does so much for me and how thankful I am.

Oli...I don't know if you read my blog or not. But this is official "Oli, You are Awesome day!" Thanks for all you do for me. I love you.

3 comments:

  1. awe! Oli is awesome. And you have a blue lunch box? I need a lunch box... or maybe I will sew myself a lunch bag. Either way, YAY OLI!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Least I can do for all the other things you do for me. Love you.

    ReplyDelete