Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Love to Hate and Hate to Love

There are many things in this world that I love, and a few things in this world that I hate. But there is distinctly one thing that I Love to Hate and Hate to Love, and that is my job. I feel like the term "love-hate" relationship is too mild for this situation. There are some days where I feel "Hey, today went fine." Those are usually the days when no one at work has had an emotional melt down or has decided to let their personal life affect the way they work.

The best way to describe work is high school. Usually you'll find someone complaining about a relationship or pointing out the faults or mistakes of other co-workers. It's just frustrating to work with people who do not seem to trust each other. This company is small and I understand that things will fall through the cracks but we are here to work as a team. I feel like when I started I really did try hard to "go the extra mile". But since I've worked here and experienced certain situations and worked with certain people, I have realized that I have accumulated a lot of resentment and bitterness it has been affecting my attitude and work here.

I think I really need to get out. Maybe I'll take up golfing or cross-stitching. Honestly, anything!..well maybe not "anything" because people say that then they don't mean it, so lets just say it's time for a change. Something other than here. First I got to figure out what it is..

1 comment:

  1. I hope you find what you're looking for, that God may give you contentment and patience with your job. I know it's hard, but thanks for always working hard and being so dedicated.

    ReplyDelete