Thursday, August 26, 2010

Work Frustrations

Today was a very frustrating day at work. I really don't want all the drama here to get to me. But it does.

For some reason, getting something designed, printed, and delivered becomes an "End of the World" fiasco in this place. If something is not done in time or right the whole world is going to burn in hell. (Or that's what I feel like this job makes me feel.)
My boss once told me, "It's just work. It's not the end of the world. Don't let it get to you." I have tried not to let it bug me but when other co-workers are constantly complaining and playing the blame game until they get their "pat on the back" and affirmation, it's extremely frustrating.

Halfway through the afternoon I decided to focus on the happier things in life. The part of my life that is rewarding and that I enjoy. The part that has nothing to do with my work. Life is not about work.

The clique is so true, "Work to live, Don't live to work."


Rebekah:: Oli's cousin's kid. These are the things to live for. ..

(Photo taken from Timches.com.. I don't think Tim or Chesney read my blog but if they do thanks for unknowingly letting me use your photo.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh girly.... you know I feel your pain with work. If only we could find jobs we loved and were really passionate about. Keep your head up and rise above the occasion. I struggle with this all the time, but I'm getting better at it. Chatting with you through the day keeps me sane and I love you for it!!

    ReplyDelete