Monday, August 16, 2010

This is the Life

Oli and I first met when I was 14 and he was 15. We both played volleyball for our school's JV teams. His coach and my coach were high school friends and so both our teams did a lot of activities together. We had practices at the same time and would often share a volleyball court.

My very first memory of Oli was his serve. He is right handed but does some things with his left hand, one of these things was serve. And quite honestly I thought that was way hot! Yes, I found it attractive that he could serve with his left hand. Oli doesn't believe me but it's the truth.

We talked a little that school year but it wasn't until my junior year, when I was 16, that we began to hang out more. We had the same circle of friends and one flirty comment lead to another and it was all fireworks from then..

So 8 years and a billion and one movies later here we are.

Some times it feels like we are still in high school and other times I'm thankful we're past high school, but most of the time I think, "This is the Life", this is my life and what a wonderful life it is.

1 comment: