Saturday, August 14, 2010

Our Apartment Complex and Pregnant Women

Our apartment complex is fairly large. It has lots of trees and lush landscaping that you kind of feel like you're in a park. Some of the lanscaping is unnecessary, like a patch of grass with a rock formation or a small stream but alas those details are what make this place nice to walk around.

I think that's why there are so many people who like to take quiet littler strolls around the complex. Actually let me re-phrase that, so many pregnant women. I feel like I've seen at least 3 pregnant women who regularly walk around with either their husbands or friends or other pregnant women. At first I thought it might be the same woman but last month I saw her walk around with a newborn in her stroller and concluded the baby had arrived. Then I saw another pregnant woman, then another. So there are at least 3.

Today I saw one walking arm in arm with her husband and a older lady who looked like her mother walking ahead of them. It was like a mini little parade with proud grandma in the front leading the way.

Those women are probably basketing in the quiet before the storm. Taking a few last peaceful walks around the block.

1 comment:

  1. hahah family friendly apartment complexes.. :)
    pro: nice landscaping
    con: soon you'll be having babies crying all over the place.... :P

    ReplyDelete