Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hello Introvert

This week has been a bit overwhelming even though I only worked 3.5 days out of the week. I took a half day to go to the doctor, and another full day off cause my in-laws are in town. They are here for about 6 days and it is day 5 and I feel tired. Don't get me wrong I get along fine with them. I think it's just I've realized that I'm becoming more and more introverted as I age. Being around people all the time is really taxing and to have people stay with you really seems to drain me. I remember a time when I loved being with people. I was often dubbed "the social butterfly." Now I come to the point in my days where I feel so tired that I don't even want to answer another question or talk at all.. I like to retreat to place alone and just recharge. I think that's the definition of introvert, or at least that's what I remember from the numerous Biola personality tests we were forced to take. I was always extroverted. What now?

Come friends. Come hang out with me before all my extroverted-ness is completely diminished!

2 comments:

  1. That's okay, a week to have anyone, especially in-laws is a long time to have in your home. Thanks for being awesome wife and daughter-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you dare let it take you over before we get there!

    Fight it! Fight!

    ReplyDelete