Friday, October 15, 2010

The Miyagi in Me


I got a bonsai Tree. A Juniper bonsai tree to be exact.

I came home one day to find a tiny box in front of my apartment. It had a return address for "Lou and Sheryl's Bonsai Garden" and my first thought was "What in the world did I order from them?". After filtering through the million little foam peanut things I found a little bonsai tree nestled in the bottom. It came with a care note from the owners and a description of the tree.

The tree was a gift from Josi. A random gift I must add. It's not my birthday or Christmas and unless we celebrate Columbus day with gift giving there are no other holidays around this time.

//Thanks Josephine Hwang// I love my tree!

Now I need to learn how to care for it. All my bonsai tree knowledge is from Mr. Miyagi in the orginal Karate Kid, which is to prune it every once in a while. Hopefully it does not end up with the same fate as my other plant caring endeavors have.

P.S. I emailed the owners to requests more care instructions. They were very kind and personable. Let me know if any of you are interested in getting a bonsai. I'll send you their information.

No comments:

Post a Comment