Sunday, October 16, 2011

Alanis and Me

Today, I had the urge to listen to some good old school Alanis Morissette. I remember listening to her in middle school and being told by my youth pastor that she was of the devil and that I should burn/destroy all her albums.

Lets just say I'm so glad that I didn't.
She helps me unleash the inner independent women in me!

Not only that I have very fond memories of her music. Especially her "Jagged Little Pill" album.

It always strikes a chord ::Ding:: You Oughta Know.

I am not a huge music person but there are those few artist and songs that invoke emotion in me.

Among the top invokers ::

 Alanis Morisette
 Regina Spektor
 Ramones
 Smashing Pumpkins
 Jars of Clay
 Fernando Ortega

**I know.. They are quite different musical genres represented above.. It's about the memories

"After all..memories are all we have" - K. Ngaihte

1 comment:

  1. LIKE..
    memories live within us through sounds, smells, emotions..and esp. music.

    ReplyDelete