Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010


It's 2011! Oh how time flies. It seems like it wasn't too long ago that we were entering the new millennium and here we are a decade into it.

A number of the blogs I read have a "Year in Review" post, just looking back on 2010. I figure I'd take a look back as well.
______________________________________

Highlights // 2010 had a lot of blessings in store for us. Here are a few of the highlights.

:: New Apartment :: We found a better deal on an apartment closer to both our work places. I really hope we don't move again for awhile. It seems the older I get the more stuff I accumulate and moving is not fun.

:: Parents in CA :: My parents took a mini-furlough from the mission field so that my dad could write a couple books. I have been so used to not having my parents in the same country as me that I forgot how nice it is to have them close.

:: Grad School :: I got accepted into grad school at Biola. Higher Learning here I come!

:: Two Year Anniversay :: I can hardly believe that Oli and I have been married for 2 years, which means we've been together for 8 years! We celebrated by going to Pantages Theater and seeing the musical "Phantom of the Opera". It was beautiful. What a blessing it is to be utterly in love with your husband after so many years! I love you Oli.

:: Church Membership :: We officially became members of our church, Grace Presbyterian in Yorba Linda. It has taken us a few years to find a church that we really feel comfortable with and that also shares the same doctrinal values. We are very blessed to say the least.

:: Birthdays :: Oli turned 26 in December, I turned 24. We feel like we are getting old but we are just getting to the prime of our lives! There is so much ahead of us!
______________________________________

Travels // We love to travel. Unfortunately this year we didn't get to travel outside of the country, except for shore excursions on our cruise to Mexico. But that doesn't really count.

:: Indiana :: My dear friend, Hannah and Ki young, from high school recently moved from California to Indianapolis area. Oli and I went to visit them for a week where we went camping and fishing. It was definately nice to enjoy the slower pace of life.

:: Catalina :: We took advantage of having my parents here so along with my parents, my brother, Oli and I trekked over to the beautiful island of Catalina. Definitely want to go back sometime.

:: Mexico :: We went on a Malabuyo family reunion cruise to Mexico. Oli and I had never been on a cruise before. We definitely have converted to cruise vacationers! It's the best way to relax.
______________________________________

Events // Oli and I decided to dive into each opportunity we get. Needless to say we were able to do numerous fun things this year.

:: Galaxy Games :: While my parents were here we went to a Real Madrid - Galaxy game. Oli was not able to come but we did end up going to another MLS game this year. Viva la Football!

:: Lakers Game :: We went to a Lakers home game with some friends. It was really fun and even though our dear Lakers lost we still love them very much! Go Lakers!

:: 49ers Game :: Through his work, Lem was able to get us tickets to San Francisco 49ers game. This was our first NFL game and it was a good one. 49ers have a losing record this year but we were able to go to one of the few games they actually won.

:: Barnum and Bailey Circus :: My family went to see the Barnum and Bailey circus show. It was spectacular! Definitely worh seeing, even if you don't like animals like me.
______________________________________

As we enter 2011, Oli and I have so much to be thankful for. We both have amazing loving families, steady jobs and a great community of friends.

Thank you 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment